Within two days I was honoured twice with an award. The post about the Sisterhood-of-the-World-Bloggers-Award I wrote the very same day. So I didn’t have the capacities to write the next one right then, sorry. Also, I have seen so many blogs being awarded the ‚Liebster‘, I’ll have a hard time to find 11 blogs to forward it to. But I’m getting ahead of myself. One step at a time 😉
I really recommend you take a look at ‚Confessions of a Food Tourist‚ by ‚twinbutterfly‘. This is form where the Award came to me and I really like that Blog, starting at the slogan ‚food, travel and photography – the perfect ingredients for a life-long obsession‘. I just couldn’t agree more! And that’s what the blog is about. So much fun! So make sure you check it out!
The Liebster-Award was the first one I became aware of. And for months I was totally torn between wanting it and feeling it was too soon. I still kind of think it soon, but not too soon anymore. Ever since I changed my theme and you can at least see where I want to go with this blog, it’s okay. So the door was open and twinbutterfly used it. Thank you so much for that! Now, let’s follow the procedure:
- Acknowledge and link back to the person who nominated you – check
- Answer the 11 questions asked by the person who nominated you – check, see below
- Share 11 random facts about yourself – check, see below
- Nominate 11 bloggers with less than 200 followers – check, see below
- Give your nominees 11 questions to answer on their blog when they post about the Liebster Award – check, see below
My 11 Answers
- Summer or Winter?
A few years ago I would have easily answered with ‚WINTER!!‘ because I hated the heat in Summer. However, things change and while I still love winter, like, A LOT, I have found Summer to have merits as well. To answer the question: I feel very happy to live in a part of the world where seasons change.
- First paid job?
Oh my, I was listed as one of my father’s employees without ever knowing it. But that did eventually become my first paid job: serving at our bowling alleys. Making good tips, too 😉
- Favourite author?
Three: Marian Keyes and Jojo Moyes are my favourite authors of today. Marian because I love her depth. And Jojo because I love the fact that I just can’t lay her books aside. But my favourite author of all time is, of course, Jane Austen. No further words necessary, I believe.
- You’re hosting an intimate dinner party and can invite 3 celebrities (living or dead) – who would you invite, and why?
Dinner for One – style, yes? With four dead people and a drunk butler. I’d take it! Serious now… Okay, who would I like to have for dinner. Heavens, that’s a real tough question for me… Okay, I would ask Jane Austen. Thanks for question N°1 I could at least come up with her. Well, thinking in a different direction, I would like to have Jude Law there for eye candy 😉 Oh yeah, and I take a comedian. Who do I take? Right, Hape Kerkeling. That will be one hell of a party!
- Most memorable holiday/vacation meal
There are two. One was on top of the CN-Tower in Toronto in 1999 during my month at ILAC School of Languages. I don’t really remember all of it, but I do remember the chocolate cake for dessert and the fact that it was the most expensive meal ever 😉 The second I would recommend for everyone and I will write about the place in one of my forthcoming ‚Travelling in my Mind‘ – Series. It was the Valentine’s Menu at the restaurant ‚Die Weiße Düne‘ on Norderny. I live about 400 km away and I swear, on a good day, I’d drive up there on a Saturday morning only to have that meal there again. I really would! But more on that later, I promise!
- Favourite photo you’ve taken yourself (feel free to post and/or describe)
THAT is in the running. All the time. I think I have posted my favourite picture and then a few days later I have a new favourite! So I cut you a deal. If you want to so my favourites, have a look at my portfolio. In the meantime I will post a very selected few pictures right here. Like, the best of the best 😉
- Write down a line or two of lyrics from the first song that pops into your head right…now!
What are you waiting for? Are you waiting on a lightening strike? Are you waiting for the perfect night? Are you waiting till the time is right? What are you waiting for? Don’t you wanna learn to deal with fear? Don’t you wanna take the wheel and steer? Don’t you wait another minute hereWhat are you waiting for?
(That’s Nickelback and my Leading Song this year, it seems)
- Your number one dream destination that you haven’t visited yet (be as specific or generic as you like)
It’s unbelievable but I have never been to England, yet. And that is my N°1. But I believe there is a reason. Because I have a notion that as soon as my feet touch English ground, they won’t go back… 😉
- If you could meet anyone in history, who would it be, and what would you ask (or tell) them?
Oooooh, I think I’d really like to meet Jane Austen and have tea and learn about what her life has really been.
- Describe what happened the last time you laughed out loud (it’s okay if nobody else gets it – it happens to me all the time!)
That was today, actually. It was the sight of my dog and his friend Sam fighting over Sammy’s favourite rubber ball. The face my Sammy makes when Sam has managed to get the ball and won’t give it back is priceless!
- What was the first movie you remember seeing at the cinema/movie theatre?
Benji. It was about that small white (?) dog and it was a very sad movie and I really don’t like sad movies with animal heroes. But I kind of won the ticket at some school thing and never have been to the cinema before, so there you go 😉
11 Random Facts about myself
- I love ‚How I Met Your Mother‘ and I think the writing is genius!
- I only watch movies and tv shows in the original English, which some people may hate about me 😉
- For some time in my life, when I was studying Geography, I would have loved to become a tornado-chaser.
- I was the nightmare of almost all my teachers at school, especially about my German and Sports teacher. I won’t say his name because he died many years ago due to cancer. But we hated each other with a passion…
- I also hated my Latin teacher at university and we openly fighted during classes. For about 1.5 semesters. After that we met at a bar and suddenly became great friends 😉
- I was lucky enough to have lived in the wonderful city of Berlin for seven years. I still miss the Winterfeldt-Market!
- I want to live in Bavaria or England or both 😉
- I watch movies by feel – meaning: I chose movies by what I want to feel like. So I could never watch one of my favourites Love Actually (yes, twinbutterfly, me too!) in August 😉
- I am a fountain of ideas. You can hardly mention something without giving me ideas. They are so many, it’s sometimes hard to stay focused on one thing…
- For most of my life I was a social phobic.
- I would love to have a Green Day Cover Band. At the same time I love to sing classic music, especially Mendelssohn-Bartholdy.
You Are nominated
I nominate these blogs regardless if you already got this award. So if you don’t want to answer it again, I totally understand. I hope however, you are still happy about it 😉
- Villa Natura
- Neue Perspektiven
- Backen und Meer
- Die Finger’s in Goa
- LA PAROLE A ÉTÉ DONNÉE À L´HOMME POUR CACHER SA PENSÉE
- Harry’s Farbwelten
- Faszination Licht
- Sarah changes her Life
Please answer these questions 11
- What is your favourite time of the day and why?
- What is your favourite sound?
- And what is your favourite smell?
- Please reccomend a restaurant or a hotel!
- If you could do it in the blink of an eye with no limitations, what would you change about your life?
- Is there a language you don’t speek you’d really like to? Which one is it and why?
- Who was your most important friend in your childhood? Do you still have contact?
- What was the ultimate thought that made you start your (first) blog?
- In one sentence: what message do you want to give your readers?
- What is your dream job?
- Your take on snow?
let me say, it’s been a pleasure and I hope you guys had fun with this as well. I am looking forward to reading your answers, dear nominees. Thank you all so much!